Monday, January 27, 2014

Watching ASAP,live!

Jan. 24,2014

Dubai was said to be the melting pot of any nationalities,and I can proudly say that the majority of these people are the kabayans roaming around the metro,the streets of Satwa,Jumeirah,Karama...or anywhere at that.


So when the news exploded that ASAP will be brought here,I had nothing in mind but to check my schedule and be sure that I will have a good seat.And so as those Filipinos around the emirates,excited to watch the longest running musical variety show in the country.


The planning became erratic,being in a shifting schedule,we weren't sure yet of what time to go to and also who will be with me.I heard that there will be two shows,one in the afternoon,4PM,and one at night,9Pm.Luckily,boyfriend also wanna go but,is changing his mind because he has a lot of pending work at the office.True to that,tickets were both by him(for the two of us),2 days before the date of the performance.

When I was asked who would I really want to see,laughing,I only said 2 personalities,one was Sam Milby and the other one,though I have seen him twice in my life,I still wana see Piolo Pascual(haha!planning to shout,I love you Piolo).

So the event came to reality,me and my beau planned to just took a cab and head to the venue,Dubai Festival City,which is just a nearby mall from our house.In taking a cab,it will only take 10AED at most.Boyfriend parked his car just right beside our house and then we braced ourselves and got ready to see the show.

Since both of us came from work,we were both famished,starving...so we headed to a place where we can possibly have a little something to eat,like a light snack.All food stalls and restos were full packed with our kababayans eating,not allowing an empty tummy before the performace.We searched from the foodcourt,to Chili's...going up and down,until we finally settled to Hardee's which we both ended up eating a very bland tasting sandwich.But it's good coz I told boyfriend,we both better be ready,it's better to just come with a full tummy,than be there at the exact time,but hungry.

We arrived at the entrance around 8:30PM.The gate was full packed and we settled to follow the que which was very long,we ended up chatting while waiting for the gate to be open.

9PM when the gate opened,and everybody was pushing,I told bf it feels like watching a premiere night in Pinas with all those people trying their way to get near the entrance.I had that feeling of backing out,haha!I felt that It was a very faney moment and told bf,faney na faney!

We were suppose to meet up with my friends whom we planned to see each other and sit side by side during the show but everything became impossible when the massive crowd entered and everybody went to an amazing race moment.


We were finally seated at the grandstand,the show's starter was a singing contest with a title TFC-kat,which showcased the talents of our kababayans living in the Middle East and has a grand prize of 1500$.

All the seats were taken,and at around 10PM,shouts from the crowd went crazy as the sound started and the ASAP stars went on their intro number.

Of course from afar,we can see who is tall,who is small,who is fat,or thin...Thank goodness to the giant screen that were able to see the faces of the celebrities.

My favorite part was the singing of the ASAP sessionistas,wherein they sang beautiful love songs just in time for the upcoming Valentine's Day.

Overall,the show was good,but yeah,I agree,bf is so right,it is just right,very SUNDAY ASAP,nothing special,that we were all expecting.

And before I end this blog,let me just give you few tips on how to prepare in watching any live performances,whether be it here or any parts of the globe...


Here are some:

1.Prepare your tummy
Never go to a show hungry,or have just eaten a light snack coz you will curse the calling of your stomach once you see the long que and the madding crowd.Better eat full,and as much as possible,drink full,as there are also available restrooms just in case you need it when nature calls.

2.When it's cold,it is cold...listen to the temp meter
Well,we all know that Dubai's temp nowadays is cold,20degrees and windy,so watching a concert in an open field,in cardigan,I found myself chilling while watching the show,even with my neck all covered up,but the mistake here was I wore distressed jeans which the wind penetrated on my leg skin,funny! So lesson learned,next time,wear something thicker.

3.Bring your own Piolo,lol
What I meant by this is,it is cold,the show is about Valentine's Day,they are singing love songs,so might as well bring a human blanket.Nice to watch the show with my Piolo.

4.Take pictures
Never miss a day in your life.:-)Document it...

5.Do not go with the crowd
When the show finished,we did not go at the same time when all the people are panicking to go home,instead we hang out at a coffee shop,bf had coffee and carrot cake,while I had oreo cheesecake and green tea.We left the place around 2:30 AM,without anybody blocking our walkway.

Final word for this is,we all have our let's say jologs moment,I for example can stay true to that.With my likes on reading James Patterson,Mitch Albom,Nicholas Sparks,Paolo Coelho,Sidney Sheldon and John Grisham books.I once,during my gradeshool years,became a fan on Tagalog pocketbooks like Gillian Marcelino and Gilda Olvidado,that I can proudly say and shout,this is where I learned to speak Tagalog fluently.As the saying goes,if you are a good English-speaking person,you also have to be fluent in Tagalog,which,I can say!ehem,I have both.
  
While i enjoyed watching Grey's anatomy,Sex and the City,The OC and other tv series from America,it is also a staple at home to watch kapamilya shows,which brought me to the showbiz side of me.


Til our next blog.miu,miu...xoxo
Finally taking our way at the grandstand seat,165AED ticket,this was taken before the show starts.

I posted this pic on facebook with the tagline "with my piolo"...haha!of course,I don't want any other PIOLO than you.:-)
The venue: Dubai Festival City
They are all here.:-)
Toni and Piolo promoting their latest movie,"Starting over again".
Grandstand seat,taken by bf.:-)

Bring your own PIOLO,haha!:-)
Before going home,I asked bf,"hon,kunan mo ko sa big ben,talking about the tower with the ferris wheel on the side,and he said,baka small ben,"and we both laughed...
See my cardigan,which made me chill the whole night.lol!
ASAP live in Dubai :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment