Since that time I gave up eating red meat,I also am a fan of Healthy Options,a store in the Philippines wherein you can find organic foods and products.Though,I am not religiously going to this store due to economical reasons,there are some food which kept me coming back as a patronizer.These foods include chocolate chip cookies,facial creams and beauty tablets to name some.
Now what are organic products?
Based on my research,and knowledge,when you say organic,it does not contain pesticides,not grown on fertilizers,does not contain artificial additives nor has undergone irradiation.Thus,it is also known as home farming.
The benefits of having organic food in our system is undebatable,that is why it has been being practiced by several people throughout the years.
Take it from this one patient that I have encountered a week back,he said that he was fighting for prostate cancer for the past 10 years of his life,and has physically improved since he converted himself into being a vegan,plus having organic foods.Since then,his PSA (prostatic specific antigen,a tumor marker,blood test for prostate cancer)result has remarkeably lowered down and he believed it was because of eating organic foods.
Well,we are not perfect,but we can at least try,little by little,to be an advocate of converting ourselves into eating healthy,like what this patient have told me..."you can see the benefits later on..."
So being based here in the UAE,I am trying my best to visit an organic store every once in a while.The very first store that I have visited during my first week here was the Organic Market located in Dubai Mall.Unfortunately,last month,I tried to make a visit at the store again having to find out that the store was not operational anymore.
Then,a former colleague suggested another store located just near our place.Which I eventually found out again that this store will just be opening soon.Comedic as it was,the last choice was the one suggested by my friend and housemate ate Lai,whom she told was named Down to Earth,located just near our place also,at Sheik Hamdan Complex.
Since I had my busy moments too,I wasn't able to visit the third prospect for my organic store experience.So it took me two weeks still to set,and finally went to...Down to Earth...
The store is literally named Down to Earth,it is located at the Hamdan Complex,just near my location.I planned to just jog and then visit the store by means of walking.
You can easily find the store,it is actually accessible that even if you're from afar,you can see the green lighted store name right away.
The store size is not so big,just an average-size store.But what I like mostly about it is,it is not intimidating to come inside and search for anything that you want to see,or even read(because I am fond of reading labels).It is a homey place,warm,and let's just say,zen.
When i came inside the store,there were few customers inside just about to finish their transactions.While I roamed around and looked for some familiar stuff that I would want to have,like milk,soy milk,or even powdered juice,I alternately asked the crew about the price of the dairy.
I met and had a chat with two people inside,one was a lady from Nepal,who is in the cashier and also assisted me with the prices,and the other one was the store owner himself,whom have gladly assisted me with my queries about everything.
Mr.Lokesh,the owner of the store is from India,a Hindu,whom when I asked why he got into this line of business,he shyly answered...because he also is into organic foods.He is a very nice guy,actually down to earth :-),because when I asked if he is the owner of the store,he shyly answered yes.
The store caters not only to food,but also to several household necessities like fabric conditioner,shampoo,facial wash,soaps.What i love about the store is the set-up of a barn or a farm house which will make you feel that you are at home.They have fresh-produced fruits like bananas,watermelon,oranges,apples.Fresh organic milk and juices,detox tea,and even organic soup wherein they allowed me to taste one of its variety,the french lentils soup...which i loved and included on my purchase.
The store,like what i have said,is not grand or even extravagant when it comes to interiors like that from Healthy Options,but I love the simplicity of the place which will make you think of coming back all over again,because you feel that it is a house,you have friends...and you feel that everything was made out of passion for healthy living.
By the way,I asked first the permission of Mr. Lokesh if I can feature his store on my blog and he gladly said yes.He even asked what my blog name is so that he can read it.I also asked permission if I can take photos of the store,and he again said yes...So basically,everything has their permission.My being talkative,at times pays off...And lastly,applause to customer relations,or maybe they just liked me because I asked too much,that I think I could pass as a reporter,hehe...tadan!Mr. Lokesh gave me a freebie,a pack of organic dates...That is the best way to make your cutomers feel at home,so that they will keep on coming back.I totally salute the owner of this store,more power...
This is the freebie that Mr. Lokesh gave me,organic dates...Haven't opened this one yet,but will surely try this out tomorrow.
With Mr. Lokesh,the owner and Operational Manager of the store.I told him,of course sir,you wouldn't allow me to take a photo of you,and he told me..."It's ok..."...Meaning,this,I have my photo with him,what a bonus...
This side of the store is more of the kitchen-style area wherein there are canned organic soups which they themselves will prepare if they want the customers to have taste of the soup.They made me taste the french lentil soup,which I loved,and included in my purchase.This side is the area of freshly produced fruits and vegetables.I have purchased bananas,an orange,and spinach.The area of the legumes,or seeds...These are different kinds of seeds like the one famous now,the chai seeds,believed to have benefits for the skin because of its antioxidant properties.This area is for milk,sugar and spices.The front side of the store,the store name was not clear,but it has the title of the store,but was blurry due to light reflection.Fresh from the farm organic fruits and vegetables.I am popeye right now,I guess,because I am becoming a fan of spinach.The canned organic soups.The organic chips.I love this board,which reminds me of the old days...It sez,think green,eat green...The interior,like what I have mentioned is minimalist,they have this framed principles hanging from the wall...It sez...Principle of Health and Principle of Ecology...The other frame sez,Principle of Fairness and Priniciple of Care...The brown bag...My purchases.She is the Nepali crew,whom i forgot what her name was,sorry,peace.I will ask you again when I come back,because I will definitely come back.She speaks well,very friendly and also is good in assisting me.She is well-trained and cheerful.
I bought one of the different milks that they have,this one is a soy milk,have just tasted it,and i like it...you can really taste the difference of the milk without sugar.
If you have the time,and want to start living the healthy way...You can vist their store and be friends with them also.
STORE LOCATION :
G-11Sheikh Hamadan Awards Complex
Opposite Union Flag,Jumeirah 1
Tel nos: 04-3863390
Fax no:04-3863389
Website:www.downtoearthorganic.ae
Contact person: Mr. Lokesh Aswani,Managing Director




















No comments:
Post a Comment