I have been scouting for a perfect red lipstick since the time that I became hooked on make-up.I have tried several brands,from local names like Ever Bilena,Nichido...Natasha...from the Kate Moss collection of Rimmel,name it,as long as it is the lipstick,I think somehow tried or even swatched it.
But never did I tried Mac,well,understandably,Mac is a high-end brand that not anyone can get the chance to afford when you are residing on the Philippines.Each lippie will cost you a thousand bucks,plus the fact that the store locations are not so "masa"(with mass appeal),which caters to classes B and C,so to speak,they only cater to those having a class A lifestyle.
So since I can afford it right now,I rewarded myself,after a very tiring duty,with a perfect red lippie from MAC.Oh,and did I mention that mac stores or studios here in Dubai are very easy to find,just like a seven eleven store in Manila...
The mall is called Burjuman Mall,it is a mall connected to the Metro Station,but is also a luxurious mall having brands like Chanel and Prada...The Mac studio is situated at the ground floor,with a very inviting studio design and light perfect for a make-up try out.
I tried to swatch 2 differect shades of red,the first one was named as Ruby Woo,and the second one,as recommended by the staff,was Russian RedI was very particular to her about my option,a red lipstick just like a tint of a blood.So when I tried the two lippies,ruby woo won my heart.
The experience does not end there.I even had a small chat with its Senior make-up artist,whom I have told that I am interested to have a one-on-one make-up tutorial from her.Although what we have discussed was a little bit pricey,the talk and exchange of conversation with her was an experience.She was even so amazed when I told her that I am a Medical Technologist,A Scientist..."And how come you are so interested with make up?"...and I told her,"I just love looking good and now I want to apply it to others who also wanted to look good...that's why I wanted to learn professionally..."She gladly talked to me and even gave me basic make-up pointers that I may use in choosing the right kind of make-up.The minutes that she spent with me was really appreciated,that I even vowed to have my next Mac purchases only from her store,not anywhere else.
Overall,the 98AED lippie was worth it,the quality of the RED lippie that I was aiming for a long time was surpassed by this Mac lipstick.
I am now aiming to come back and try a new shade,anyway,what are we all working for???wink!




No comments:
Post a Comment