Tuesday, October 11, 2011

AGE IS JUST A NUMBER

September 12,2011

I am writing this few minutes after the big bang.the tick tock,past midnight signalling my 33rd birthday.Yes,to be exact,it’s past 18 minutes,and my cellphone kept on bombarding me with the text messages denoting that another year has been given to me.Thankful ,anticipating,words cannot express how am I feeling,but the writer in me kept on pushing me to write again,another blog that has long been pending since I last wrote it.Too many times that I have attempted doing it,failed,but something right here,right now,directed me that this is the best time write again.

Yesterday,past PM,my family and I had dinner at KFC Antipolo.Packed with my pamangkins,I didn’t imagine that I’d enjoy having my mini kiddie party at KFC,with a lot of mishaps(haha!),particularly Gab,who’s the most pasaway of all my pamangkins.One,he had a bad mood,from Teresa up to Antipolo,he insisted on being beside me,not anybody else,just me.Arriving at KFC,he said he didn’t want to eat chicken ,and he wanted hotdog(and where in the hell will I get hotdog,from the world full of chicken,that’s why it’s called Kentucky Fried Chicken,then,he tapped the tumbler of iced tea,flooding the floor and making it so messy.And lastly,being overfed,he puked,exactly at that place where we ate.

I’m sharing this to you,not saying that I am annoyed(though I once said,Gab,birthday ko to,don’t stress me J)…But then,I had fun,they are kids,and Gab is a sweet,rebellious kid whom I love.So we just enjoyed being there for almost like two hours.Life is so simple and happy,that how I wish I could be just a kid once again,that their only problem is when to make kulit again…

Why am I saying you this?Because everybody thought and maybe think of me as a brat girl,always getting what she wanted.But hadn’t they know,I’m the childish-still-child-like-33year-old-girl-that-i-am…

It has been my tradition to make my birthday special by spending this with the ones I love,nonetheless,my family,particularly my pamangkins.Every year I would always think of where will I take them,to treat them,and also to make it a part of my sharing-your-blessings-to-your-loved-ones-character.For the past 2 consecutive years,my birthdays were such blasts,these were my Bora days which I treasure most and I can tell that,it was 2 of my memorable birthdays at hand.But then this year,since I’m taking on the searching for what’s next path,I decided to make everything simple,just be with the important people in my life.The one’s who’ve made such a mark in my life and who have stuck with me until now.

So the path to having a simple birthday is a no-Bora-birthday for me…I love Bora and I love going back there even for the nth time,but life isn’t not always about luxury and travelling,and then realizing you have left something unfinished.I realized that life,at it’s simplicity,can make you happy.Let me tell you how,first,Bora travel cut my costs(it’s expensive).Two,I can only appreciate Bora when I’m there,but what happens next?And lastly,I wanna come back to Bora again,with the people that I love(wink),someday.If thoughts kept on boggling you,you’re mind cannot focus on enjoying your Bora days,what I am saying is,I want to make a simple detour.

So I’m taking a backseat,pulling the driver’s seat,and giving all of my thoughts to God.All my life,I was the planner,but now,I think as you grow older,you will realize that God is the controller of everything.With the past mistakes and grudges that I have encountered,I have been through a lot,but les they say…the more you scar,the more you become better,diamonds are not produced the easy way…I wanna focus more on what I have,not on the things that I don’t have.I have my plans,big plans,and I want to focus there.This blog will be the start of the adventure of a single woman,at it’s best…Never afraid,always fighting…

I am really very talkative,writing than speaking…I have so many things to say,but let me just say that this is just a prelude to my search for happiness,when they say that you can’t search for happiness,I wanna say,and so to speak I believe,that we always make our own happiness.We find our ways to what will make us happy…Though it is difficult,we must kept on finding.God gave us enough wisdom,He allows us to choose freely but wisely,and that will be the content of this issue.That life is all about happiness.

And going back to my birthday, this is the best time to thank God,for everything that was laid to me,even the crosses that I have shouldered,the tears that I have shed…Without all of these,I may not be the fighter that I am right now,though sad to say I am still the” iyakin” that everybody know,the tears may still be there,but the will to fight grew stronger.I have so many things to be thankful for,and I wanna share it to you right now.

1.healing

Healing is a deep word to hear,but when you scrutinize its meaning,everyone of us,one way or another has somewhat encountered healing.Healing of a wounded heart,healing of a pet,healing of your sick loved ones,too many.I in particular,can relate to this word wholeheartedly for this year,when my eldest sister suffered from stroke,I felt that my family got another cross to carry again.She’s our ate,the pillar of the family since we lost our nanay.That mere fact broke me to tears when I found out how she was,and how her body deteriorated.She had speech defect and had to succumb to too many medicines,some even I couldn’t read.I thank God that after several months,since May,she recovered easily and smoothly.She regained her speech(although still not that straight),and she can walk(with a liitle limp).God has his odd ways of showing you that He is there,He sees you,and He hears your prayers.

2.kids

How I love my pamangkins,that even if I have fights with my sisters,once in a while,or sometimes plenty(haha!).Just seeing the kids makes my heart melt,and them calling me tita can make forget that I am mad at their moms,really,no joke.And since I am living in Mandaluyong,weekends mark as my days with the kids.And my problem,always,as in always,would be my pasalubong for them.And everytime I arrive,they would shout for my name,and scout my bags for pasalubong.Their favorites especially Mav,are siopao asado,Jollibee,dunkin donuts,potchi,grapes,chocolates of any kind.I play with them,really,that’s the childish thing that I cannot give up,Iwe play football,basketball,wrestling,boxing,storytelling,tinda-tindahan,I even allow them to play my cellphone games,and plants vs zombies on my laptop,that how I am a certified spoiler to my pamangkins.

3.friends

When everybody else fails,relationships,heartaches,dealing with sadness,family matters,you can always count on friends.I have my bestfriend whom I love so much,she is Melody,we met when we were in college because we resided at the same dormitory along Hidalgo,Quaipo.Since then,we can talk endlessly.We may not be exactly the same,she is more of a chatter and I am the listener type.But so they say,we swak.She’s the instrument to my new path exploration right now,partnered with his hubby Kenneth and my another adorable friend-ate,ate Lai.They are all in Dubai.Mel and Ken got me as their sponsor when they got married at QC Hall early this year(am I right).Can’t wait to be the ninang of their kids(on board).Workmates are not only candidates for work-related concerns,they can be your best buds too.That I say will be branded to Joan,Izhay and Joan.We got along well,pretty much,that they are the ones that I’ve celebrated my birthday at Bora.We can talk for hours,minutes,or seconds(yeah,even at work),about life,loss,and yes,we cry together a lot of times…We don’t choose the place,we just cry,they are,I can say are my gala buddies,always thinking of the next destination,especially Joan C,(chi-chi),who is the most industrious when it comes to buying and booking our destinations(yeah,and she even makes abono sometimes).That how our friendship seems,fun and laughter,sharing and crying.They say that it’s very difficult to find true friend at work,I am thankful that I have my true friends at work,who are really nice to work with.Then there’s Aj,whom I just met recently,she’s my housemate for almost 2 years now,and my first encounter with her gave me this magaan feeling.The feeling of no shyness,that is why AJ is the one I text to when I feel sad,and I want to eat,we’re both food lovers,but were opposite because she loves pork meat while I don’t eat pork and beef.But it’s amazing how we get along soo well.

4.work

Just last February,I was given the 10th year loyalty award.It has been,it was so fast,and now,this coming September will be my 11th year at work.Though it’s not perfect,I can never exchange the work that I have right now from every institution in this planet.Why?this has given me so much,never-perfect,but always just enough.I had my shortcomings,but there was always the chance,I mean chances.I can never forget that when my nanay died,the full support of the hospital was with me,the janitors,chambermaids,nurses,everybody.The serious talk with my boss during the time that I had to take a leave because of depression due the my mom’s lost was really a big impact to me.The people,my workmates whom have become my friends from in and out of my department.The small and big fights that I have witnessed and I was involved with.I even told my ate that when the time comes that I have to leave the facility,I will be very,very sad and emotional.

5.books

I love books.When I’m happy,or lonely,I read books.I have a collective sum of this material since I was in college.My personal favorites nowadays are my James Patterson books,Nicholas Sparks,I also have books about healthy living and lifestyle which I read and make it also as my research source when especially about good and bad foods.I’m recently reading so much of inspirational books right now,my favorites were from Bo Sanchez’ How to Find your One True Love ,and planning to have all his books because his becoming my personal favorite.I also want to have a copy of Joyce Meyer’s Eat the Cookie Buy the Shoe book and also aiming for this book entitled The Power of a Prayerful Woman.I also have a copy of this book called Passion and Purity and I Kissed Dating Goodbye which I think I read for just few hours.I want to have an ipad or a kindle someday,.but if not,having the book at hand,whether bought or borrowed,makes me happy,as long as it is a good kind of read.

6.my family

I cry all the time when it comes to family matters.And they are the ones who know me inside and out.Though at times we may have our misunderstandings,they are,and will always be my sisters,my one and only family.

7.my tatay

Oh, I love my tatay and how he pampers us with text messages eventhough he’s far away from us.What’s so sweet about him is that he texts us everyday and says I love you to us unendlessly(which I know is not that common to males).I remember the time that when I had this cough,he texted me this”yung pansapin mo sa likod,baka kasi natutuyuan ka ng pawis…”.That was the sweetest gesture a father could do.He makes effort to everything,for everybody even at this time that most of us are adults.And that’s the thing I’m most proud of my tatay,and I will always,in all ways be announcing to everybody that he is the sweetest best tatay on earth,and he knows that…

8.my manda family

2 years ago,I met my manda family.aj,len,adel and nanay.we became close because we were roommates except for nanay who manages the house.The sweet thing about us is we never make “pakialam” of each other,but whenever we need each other’s advice,we would always be there.Nanay cooks for us,gives me clothes(I share to her my clothes too),and she knows my favorite food.There are times when I would tell her how much I miss my nanay,and she would tell me,”ok na siya.,wag mo ng hanapin ang wala…”which made sense to me.:-)

9.and lastly

The title itself,another year.Another life,another chapter,at times I feel so alone and maybe sensitive coming to age issues,but more than that it inspires me and flatters me everytime I hear people say that I look younger than my age.Hmmm,bora days,they thought I was 23,a med rep thought I was 24,another one thought I was 25…The too-flattering comment was,I look like I’m 21…Hmmm,I know I act like I’m 8 years old,giggle like I’m 10,but I Thank God for those comments.It made me more inspired to love my body more and to have a happy disposition in life.So when anybody asks me what’s my secret to a being young always,I always say it’s being happy and having a happy disposition in life.Go laugh and even laugh at yourself,don’t be to cranky and serious,you’ll see!wink,wink…

Age is just a number…Thank God I can run like I’m 12 years old…

These are just 8 things,but since I’m kind of sleepy now,I have to stop…and maybe continue saying how grateful I am on my next blog. There are lots of things to be thankful for.And I always have in may mind this nugget of wisdom that I got from a book which said that to be happy and grateful all the time,you must list at least 5 things you are grateful for,everyday…and I just did…and it's roughly more that 5...

LOVE LOVE LOVE

Xoxo girl

No comments:

Post a Comment