Monday, February 17, 2014

Deira Creek,Dhow Cruise for our Valentine's date


Feb.14,2014


After years of by choice and by chance,I did not have any Vday celebration,it was just a normal day for me.It was just to witness those people who are in love and just dream that one day,I will soon enough decide to date and God will bring me a good man to date.

Then it came,Ron and I met.Friendship blossomed,and rest is history.

Having him in my life is contagious,happy and cannot-be-described.Knowing that God gave him to me,everything else has to be just "thank you..."

As usual,and I think a norm in our relationship,we did not have a plan again for vday,i mean from me,but on his side,I was always guessing.

And then,finally,we decided to got to an adventure,to have a Dhow Cruise in Deira Creek.

It was cold,but I just decided to wear a tank top with blazer for one reason that I know of,we will have a long walk.He was worried at first because I wa wearing my elevated rubber flip flops.
But then I told him,it is comfy,made for walking,so It is fine.

It was actually a long walk since the time we started searching for a parking space.

And then we had to look for a wash room for him,which we eventually found out,was out of order.

So then we walked again,and then,the exciting part was,I enjoyed the boat,wherein you have to ride to cross Deira Creek,i remember the movie Dubai,when Claudine Barretto rode on that similar boat.Exciting!

Then we reached Dubai Old Souk.

The Dhow cruise
Lights in Deira Creek
Me at the boat:-)
Me,arriving at the Old Souk
Hon as my official photographer
Hon and me,selfie...
The kind boat that we rode
Arabic shoes for sale
At the Dubai Old Souk
Arabic lamps and pashminas
Hon,at the boat.

It took us around 10 minutes to find the port where the Dhow cruise is boarding,and then had this photo before going in,note: this photo will costs 70 aed,with the Dhow cruise label and date.


The photo op before boarding.


When we arrived at the cruise,it was full,mostly Europeans having their respective dates.

We sat at the middle,and enjoyed the view and the slow,laid back travel of the ship.

The food was not that fantastic,although I certainly liked the fish fillet.The food,they call it International Arabic food which serverd pasta dishes,kebab,lamb and beef.

Before dinner
During dinner


Having my henna
The Dhow cruise
Welcome aboard
Ronald's arabic name



Autumn in Dubai



The adventure was cool,I like the experience.

Til the next adventure.

Xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment